Indianhead Operations LLC & Blackjack, LLC d/b/a Big Snow Resorts
Last revised: 11/30/2017
What data we collect and how we use it
We may collect several types of PII including, but not limited to, the following:
• Email Address
• Telephone Number or Fax Number
• Date of Birth
• Mailing Address
• Credit Card Number
• Online Registration
• The Number of Children in Your Family
Please note that providing PII is required before participating in services available through the Sites, including, but not limited to, creating an account, purchasing lift tickets, renting equipment, registering for classes and making reservations. We do not use spy ware, adware, or any other similarly intrusive software. We do not require that you provide more PII than is necessary to complete your requested transaction.
Automatically Collected Information
We receive certain types of information automatically whenever you use our services. For example, when your web browser accesses our site, we obtain certain types of personal information, such as your IP address, country of location, the type of browser you use, and the page you visited before visiting our site.
We may also use certain web measurement and tracking technologies, such as cookies, web server logs or other statistics programs to collect usage information and track and records how you use the Sites. This data is anonymous and does not personally identify you.
How we collect your PII
• Online. PII is collected when you sign up to receive e-mail, shop in our stores, visit the Sites or use or access other products or services.
• In Person. Those who register for or purchase certain activities or services in person may provide PII in a variety of ways, including renting equipment, registering for classes, applying for jobs and making reservations.
• Contests. If you participate in contests and/or sweepstakes through the Sites, we will collect PII to facilitate the contests.
• From Third Parties. We may occasionally receive certain PII that you have provided to a third party to who you have provided your consent to share you PII with us for marketing purposes.
How we use the data we collect
While some data is used to facilitate your participation in certain activities and services provided through the Site or onsite at Big Snow Resorts, we do use the data in other marketing and communications efforts. By providing your information to us, you consent to our use of it in the following ways:
• To verify and validate your identity;
• To provide the services, products, or activities that you request;
• To contact you, respond to your inquiries, and send you information;
• To notify you of offers or services that we believe may interest you (depending on your privacy preferences) and
• To analyze, manage, maintain and improve the Sites.
When we disclose your information
We may disclose the information you provide to us in the following circumstances:
• When we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, customers or other users of the Sites, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
• To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement in connection with matters related to public safety as permitted by law.
• To our business partners for research, analytical and marketing purposes.
• With your consent.
We do not sell your information to third parties, nor do we ever plan to do so.
Social media disclosures
We actively promote social media content on the Sites, and participate in/facilitate the use of social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Please use discretion when disclosing PII on social media channels, as this information may be collected and used by others. We have no control of this use of information and are not responsible for it.
Children’s privacy concerns
With the exception of certain classes and activities, we do not intend the content of the Site for those under the age of 13, and we ask that children below that age not submit PII. In some cases, including our seasonal programs, we do require that some PII be submitted to process your request to enroll in a program. We will only accept such information from the minor’s parent or legal guardian, and we expressly request that no child under 13 provide such information on their own behalf.
Security of your data
We take commercially reasonable precautions and have implemented commercially reasonable measures intended to protect against the risks of unauthorized access to, usage of, and interception of PII submitted via the Sites of onsite at Big Snow Resorts. However, we cannot guarantee that information you provide us will not be accessed, intercepted, altered, or disclosed as a result of a breach of our commercially reasonable efforts or any other event beyond our reasonable control. We cannot and do not guarantee that the information you provide us is completely secure and safe from such risks.
Accessing the Sites from outside the U.S.
The Sites are hosted on servers located in the United States. That means the Sites are governed by U.S. law. If you do not wish to consent to U.S. law, you should not share information with us or use the Sites.
Updating this policy
Occasionally, we have need of updating the terms of this policy. To keep you informed of the latest iterations, we denote the date of last revision at the top of the page. Please check this policy periodically to stay up to date on its contents. Your continued usage of the Sites indicates your consent to any updates to the policy, and your sole remedy for disagreeing with any terms of this policy is to discontinue use of the Sites.
If any part of this policy is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original. In such a case, the rest of the policy will remain in effect.
If you have further questions, would like to opt-out of communications or update your PII, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Policy shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions (including any remaining provisions within the same heading). If a part of the Policy is found invalid or unenforceable, it shall be replaced with an enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the invalid provision of the Policy.