CLOSED FOR THE SEASON -
ORV Trail System
Big Snow Resort is looking forward to opeing our OVR trail system all 2022 Summer!
Day pass is $25/vehicle, Weekend pass is $50 Fri-Sun, pick up the trail sticker and waivers in the reservation office.
More than 13 miles of trails with beginner to expert level of difficulty.
1. Operating a vehicle in a manner that damages, mutilates, or removes any natural feature or other property. This includes mud bogging, mudding, and creating new trails.
2. Riding passengers on OHVs not designed to carry passengers is prohibited.
3. Passengers are only allowed in vehicles intended by the manufacturer to carry such passengers. The vehicle must contain the following: enclosed metal cab, roll bar protection, and seatbelts. Golf carts, Three-Wheeled Vehicles are not permitted at Big Snow Resort.
4. All users are required to wear DOT-approved motorcycle safety helmets while vehicles are in operation, except in vehicles with fully enclosed metal cabs and/or roll bar protection and seatbelts.
5. Children 12 to 15 years old may operate a 4-wheel ATV only when BOTH of the following conditions are met.
The operator is under the direct visual supervision of an adult.
The operator possesses a valid ORV safety certificate.
6. OHVs are to be operated during posted hours. Legal riding hours are posted at gatehouse.
7. Stay on designated trails. If a trail is not signed, it is not a legal trail.
8. Users must remain within the boundaries of Big Snow Resort Off-Highway Vehicle Area unless traveling on local, county or state designated trails or roadways.
9. Operators/passengers of motorized vehicles, except motorcycles, ATVs, and six wheelers, must use a fastened seatbelt while the vehicle is in use.
10. Trail Pass must remain on the registered vehicle at all times.
11. A 15 mph speed limit will be enforced on the entrance road. Camping and unloading areas are 10 mph. Please use these areas for their designated use. No exhibition riding will be permitted.
12. All vehicles and operators must be in compliance with all state and federal laws.
13. OHVs must have properly functioning spark arresters and mufflers.
14. Big Snow Resort is neither liable nor responsible for damage, loss, or theft of personal property or for injuries to visitors.
15. Litter laws are strictly enforced throughout all of Big Snow Resort. Users are expected to use the trash receptacles or to remove any trash they bring.
16. Anyone under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian’s signature to ride.
17. Michigan state law prohibits the public consumption of alcohol.
18. All users must use existing trails appropriate for the size of their vehicle. Travel off of the trails is prohibited.